Sometimes eating healthy can be kinda boring....
This is what I found out when I did my first Whole30. I was so excited to follow the rules that I didn't deviate very much from what I KNEW was Whole30 compliant. So, it's true, by the second week, I was starting to feel like I was in a rut. Last night I was on Facetime with my darling husband, and he said "I'm bored with this food, I want something FUN." I felt his pain. Baked chicken and broccoli IS boring after the 5th time you eat it. In a row.
One of the greatest challenges, and also one of the greatest ACCOMPLISHMENTS for me personally, was starting to learn how to cook. I now love making delicious, nutritious, healthy meals for my family. It takes effort. Man, oh, man, it takes effort! But here, my loves, is where the payoff happens. When you take the time to experiement, cook foods you have never tried before and learn how to make things that you liked to eat before in a healthy Whole30 manner, this is where the magic happens.
So, today, I challenge you to try something new. Stop at the store on the way home today and get yummy veggies and spices and try to shake it up. You'll be surprised at how good it feels. Here are some sites to help you - provided by the team at Whole9life.com. (**note, not all the recipies are Whole30 compliant, so check carefully before you get too excited. These are all GREAT places to bookmark for Day 31 as well!)
- Whole9's Steal This Meal series. http://whole9life.com/category/recipes Recipes created by us and our readers, 100% of which are Whole30-compliant.
- The Clothes Make the Girl. http://theclothesmakethegirl.com Melissa Joulwan's fabulous recipes, most of which are Whole30-compliant.
- Whole Life Eating. http://wholelifeeating.com Tom Denham cooks up more than 300 Whole30-approved recipes, many of which are delicious and easy one-pot dishes.
- Nom Nom Paleo. http://nomnompaleo.com Michelle Tam whips up gourmet Whole30-friendly meals (with gorgeous food photography) for her and her family.
- Chowstalker. http://chowstalker.com/whole30 One of the web's best recipe compilation sites, with a special tag for Whole30-approved meals.
- The Foodee. http://www.thefoodee.com/tag/whole30/ Another fabulous recipe compilation site, with a special category for Whole30-approved dishes.
Here's to the adventure of healthy eating!!!