I'm glad you found me.
After surviving and thriving through some pretty prickly life challenges, I understand that life is beautifully and bewilderingly short.
We’ve got to cherish every moment, every breath, every choice. I believe that we are all perfect manifestations of ourselves, with room to grow and move and become more real.
I am interested in spending my life being of service, helping people shine brightly and become the best version of themselves that they possibly can.
I am an extremely proud Mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a yogi, a teacher, a business maven, a creative alchemist, a big fan of tattoos, a live music lover. I am many things, to many people but always true to my own journey. I believe in being wholehearted and vulnerable and honest and real. Right in front of everyone in the world.
The picture above is taken at Pura Vida Spa in Costa Rica. My second home and place where my soul feels free and happy. I lead yoga retreats there annually.
5 New Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I was born in Great Falls, Montana. I love the mountains. I am just starting to really understand my need to be out in nature more often. Even though I'm a mountain baby, I'm firmly grounded in the midwest, living in the middle of a cornfield in Madison, WI. I love living here, and raising my son in a place where we value college football, catching fireflies, lake sports, and locally brewed beer.
2. My husband is English and my son has dual citizenship. Manners are a big deal around my house, and so is English football. So, while we believe in 'please' and 'thank you's', you'll also hear an awful lot of "bloody hell, mate" when the soccer (I mean footie) is on the tele. The more passionate I feel, the more colorful my language.
3. I stood up in front of 2600 people and asked Virgin mogul and entrepreneur Richard Branson out for dinner. He was giving a speech on fearlessness at a conference I was attending, and I thought I would put him on the spot and fearlessly ask him on a date. He turned me down. Brutally. In front of all those people. However, for the rest of the conference, people would high-five me and pat me on the back whenever they saw me. I still wonder what I would have done if he had said yes.
4. My profession is in design and digital marketing. I spent most of my career as a marketing and design consultant for Fortune 500 companies and start-ups. My clients were amazing and I'm proud to say I worked with NASA, American Airlines, Macy's, American Express, Morgan Stanley, ASPCA, Lending Tree, Visa, and Anheuser-Busch. Clydesdales forever. I also teach yoga and coach people through stressful times in their lives.
5. I love and ride a very large Shire draft horse named Chiron. He scares the hell out of me, challenges me, and makes me happier than I ever expected. Connection with animals and nature is such a big part of my existence, and every time I ride, I remember who I really am.
Please reach out and let me know 5 things I might not know about YOU. I want to know more about you. What is our purpose if not to witness each other's lives?
In the meantime, here are some of my favorite blogs for you to check out!